Cornelius J. van Dyk
- A seasoned SharePoint Architect with over 15 years of experience.Smithsonian Award for Technological Innovation - Banking and Insurance9 x Microsoft SharePoint MVPMCITP, MCTS, MCPBorn and raised in South Africa during the 70's I got my start in computers when a game on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum crashed, revealing it's BASIC source code. The ZX had a whopping 48K of memory which was considered to be a lot in the Commodore Vic20 era, but more importantly, it had BASIC built into the soft touch keyboard. Teaching myself to program, I coded my first commercial application at age 15.After graduating high school at 17, I joined the South African Air Force, graduating the Academy and becoming a Pilot with the rank of First Lieutenant by age 20. After serving my country for six years, I made my way back into computer software.Continuing my education, I graduated Suma Cum Laude from the Computer Training Institute before joining First National Bank where my work won the Smithsonian Award for Technological Innovation in the field of Banking and Insurance. Soon I met Will Coleman from Amdahl SA, who introduced me to a little known programming language named Huron/ObjectStar. As fate would have it, this unknown language and Y2K brought me to the USA in 1998.I got involved with SharePoint after playing around with the Beta for SharePoint Portal Server 2003. Leaving my career at Rexnord to become a consultant in 2004, I was first awarded the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Award for SharePoint in 2005, becoming only the 9th MVP for WSS at the time. I fulfilled a life long dream by pledging allegiance to the Flag as a US citizen in 2006. I met the love of my life and became a private consultant in 2008. I was honored to receive my ninth MVP award for SharePoint Server in 2013.
SharePoint (45) How do I? (28) PowerShell (18) Tips (18) Programming (13) Scripting (11) Downloads (9) Annoyances (8) C# (8) Musings (8) Visual Studio (7) 2013 (6) Outbursts (6) Step-by-Step (6) InfoPath (5) Toolbox (5) SharePoint Designer (3) Windows XP (3) 2010 (2) Auditing (2) Blogging (2) Bugs (2) Gadgets (2) MVP (2) NFL (2) SPD (2) Search (2) TSQL (2) Video (2) Windows 8 (2) 2007 (1) 2016 (1) Apple (1) Articles (1) Best Practice (1) CU (1) Camtasia (1) Capacity Planning (1) Cricket (1) Hive (1) Mobile (1) Oscar (1) RIP (1) SQL (1) SQL Server (1) Telerik (1) Windows (1) Windows 10 (1) Windows 7 (1) XCopy (1) iPhone (1)
OK, so I’m on my bill payment site and I click on the bill to view it. The bill is in .pdf format, so Adobe Acrobat Reader begins to ope...
One of the biggest pet peeves I experienced when switching to Visual Studio 2012 was the fact that the default command buttons were changed...
If you have content that you wish to raise in the search results for users, you could do that by adding Search Keywords and Best Bets to the...
SPFarm.Local is null in SharePoint 2010 causing C# Console App to throw a “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” errorThis one is one of the more annoying errors you’ll encounter in SharePoint development. The simple reason for that is because the error you...
InfoPath AND OR logic with boolean types and bit values in C based languages – Why your checkboxes are not working as expectedOK, that’s a massive title for this blog post. :-) Nevertheless, if you’re having trouble with your InfoPath check boxes not having the des...
What seems like a very simple thing to do, and quite frankly it should be, turned out to be a little more tricky than I thought. Setting th...
Well Windows 8 has come and so has the Surface tablet. I got my Surface on launch day and having strayed to the dark side over the past co...
There are many boundaries and limits that you will generally not run into, in the SharePoint world. One such boundary that I ran into the o...
If you’re new to SharePoint you’re going to want to learn about ULS (stands for Unified Logging Service) logs early on. Most everything tha...
I previous blogged how to update an InfoPath XML field . There are some exceptions to when it comes to People Picker fields though. The...
- ► 2016 (15)
- ► 2015 (8)
- ► 2007 (84)
- ► 2006 (78)
- SharePoint is NOT supported under virtualized envi...
- Why everyone should own a color laser printer…
- ASP.NET 2.0 faster than Java 1.5
- ASP.NET 2.0 faster than Java 1.5
- SharePoint’s Forbidden Characters
- 8 and 0 baby!
- SharePoint Portal Server NOT supported under ASP.N...
- Mike Walsh quits monitoring WSS newsgroups!
- Trackbacks disabled… :(
- SPAM!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
- WSS Template and SharePoint SDK Downloads
- ▼ November (11)